Website Manager

Content

November 28, 2017 

Members present: Eric Gervase, Christina Pehote, George Main, Bill Knestrick, Andrea Loud, Roger Weir, John Upson, Kendra Watson

 

Website

            Eric to reach out to Joe to post end of season placements and team pics

 

Spiritwear

            Currently have a credit balance with Adidas that expires 12/31/17

                        Need to decide how to use up the balance before it’s lost

 

U6 Coordinator

            Karen Walters will be our new U6 Coordinator

                        She coached U8 last year

                        Ashley and Eric to meet with her this next week

            Will run U6 like U8 except no refs

            Will meet once per week     

 

Select League Rep – Bill Knestrick

            Next meeting is Mon. Dec. 6th

 

Snack Stand Coordinator/Fundraising

            Christina to follow up with Chrissy about LAGS money

            Salsa Fundraiser made $709 profit ($1318-609)

 

Photography

            Kendra to follow-up with Chrissy to see if she found any new possibilities

 

Registration -  George Main

            Open registration soon, possibly this weekend

 

Secretary – Kendra Watson

            Open Registrations yard signs will be ready this week

                        Send bill to PO Box 173, Denver

            Discussed possible locations to place our 10 signs

                                    Two cousins and/or corner of 272 and Church St

                                    Denver childcare center by Elementary school

                                    Childcare center across from Reamstown Elementary

                                    Contact Lisa Getz at Adamstown YMCA

                                   

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            Emailed the board the Bank Rec and Statement for November

                        Current balance is $26,286

 

President  – Eric Gervase

            Goal tear-down

                        Eric going to reach out to Karl to coordinate

            Field development

                        No progress was made during Fall season

                        Next step is to speak with engineers

            Futsal for the Foundation

                        6 Sundays in Jan/Feb 2018

                        Ask for use of Denver Elementary

            No December meeting

Content

October 24, 2017

Members present: Eric Gervase, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, George Main, Craig Eiding, Shaun Kaley, Bill Knestrick, Chrissy Murray, Joe Fackler, Andrea Loud, Jill Beamesderfer, John Upson, Kendra Watson

 

Spiritwear

            Continuing to discuss what to do to improve spiritwear sales

                        What is the minimum inventory needed to provide selection?

                                    May be too risky to keep inventory

            What is our goal for spiritwear?

                        Make profit or boost promotion of club?

                        In past spiritwear was kept afforadable for benefit of players

                                    Look into more affordable options

 

U6 Coordinator – Ashley Kendall

            Not continuing in Spring 2018, need to find her replacement

                        Eric talked with Soccer Shots for possible partnership

                                    No luck coming to a reasonable agreement

                        Eric followed up with another possible candidate

                                    Current MS track coach may be a possibility in a pinch

                        If run U6 like U8 maybe a coordinator can oversee both

                                     

U8 – Shaun Kaley

            Would like to step down from his position

            U8 Tournament this weekend

                        New rules due to new layout

                        3v3 without goalie

 

Select League Rep – Bill Knestrick

            Sat. Nov. 11th Tournament

                        Every team will play 2-3 games

                        Goal to be Saturday only

            Seemingly good representation with 3 CYSC attendees to last meeting

                        6 meetings are required per year (4 public, 2 board)

                        Need to get our coaches to the pre-season meeting at minimum

                                    Give early notice of Aug and March meetings to coaches

            Set up coaching session to better equip our coaches

                        In turn improve our players

                        Bill offered to coordinate

                        Suggestion of outside group to lead instruction

                                    EPYSA, Reading Union, or other

            Lights/indoor options for late season practices

                        Renting lights too pricey

                        Manetas has no field availability

                        Karl asking about Stevens, Good’s and 3rd location

                        Bill asking about MS gym

                        Annie asking Body Zone

 

Snack Stand Coordinator – Chrissy Murray

            LARS Tournament this weekend (10/28 and 10/29)

                        Need additional volunteers on Saturday

                        Biggest need is Saturday 10am-2pm

                        Kendra to modify sign-up to 1-hour increments and resend email

                        Eric to reach out to Dan Hogan and Cheryl Sauder for volunteers

                        Karl to reach out to Roger for Megan and friends

 

Photography

            Keep for U6 and U8 despite the inconvenience to schedule

                        Not very profitable for club but parents request the service

            Look into new provider

                        Current one is out of Harrisburg and tough to schedule

                        Chrissy offered to look at possible options

 

Registration -  George Main

            Agreement to raise Spring 2018 registration by $5

                        Keep discount to returning players

            Registration to open in Nov/Dec

                        School registration papers to go out before Christmas break

                                    Kendra offered to add info to current hand-out

 

Secretary – Kendra Watson

            Contacted Brown’s Signs to order Registration yard signs

                        Coroplast, two-sided yard sign with stake = $15 each

                        Reusable each season, ready in 1 week

                        Place around community during open registration

                        Agreement to order quantity of 10

                        Info to include

                                    Registration Open

                                    Cocalico Youth Soccer Club

                                    Logo and website

                                   

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            Emailed the board the Bank Rec and Statement for September

                        Current balance is $28,895.22

 

President  – Eric Gervase

            Field development

                        We have approval from the rec board and Township Supervisors

                                    Can move ahead with soliciting grants/donations/services

                                                Possible grants = DCNR and EPYSA

                                                Eric contacted Lanc Co Career & Tech center for interest

                                                            No interest from LCCT

                                                Need to reach out to local excavators

                                    Shaun in contact with engineering

                                                Did not hear back from anyone yet

Content

September 26, 2017 

Members present: Eric Gervase, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, George Main,  

Joe Fackler, Andrea Loud, Kendra Watson

 

Spiritwear

            Eric called SneakerVilla to ask about our limited selection vs Reading Rage

                        Need to purchase minimum amount if we want a larger selection

                                    Preorders would put us at risk for losing profit

 

U6 Coordinator – Ashley Kendall

            Not continuing in Spring 2018, need to find her replacement

                        Eric talking with Soccer Shots for possible partnership

                                    Beginning stages in negotiating details

                                    May be a long-term solution to a constant need

                        Eric is following up with another possible candidate

                                    Current MS soccer coach

                                     

U8 – Shaun Kaley

            Would like to step down from his position

 

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            Emailed the board an estimation of U6 projected income loss (fall/spring)

                        Fall 2017 income loss of $674

                        Projected Fall 2017/Spring 2018 loss of $1834

            Emailed the board the Bank Rec and Statement for August

                        Current balance is $30,556.46

                                    Registration income +$10,000 (July-9/25/17)

                                    Ref fees                      -$3468.50

                                    League fees                -$4959

                                    Uniforms                    -$766

 

President  – Eric Gervase

            Field development

                        We have approval from the rec board and Township Supervisors

                                    Can move ahead with soliciting grants/donations/services

                                                Possible grants = DCNR and EPYSA

                                                Eric contacted Lanc Co Career & Tech center for interest

                                    Shaun in contact with engineering

                                   

                       

 

           

 

August 22 2017 Meeting

Members present: Eric Gervase, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, Craig Eiding, George Main,

Ashley Kendall, Bill Knestrick, Roger Weir, Shaun Kaley, Joe Fackler, Scott Guthridge, Kendra Watson

Public present: John Upson, Jill Beamesderfer, Dan Burton, Ken Bennetch

                             

Uniforms –

Mostly complete

Few last minute orders from select team

U8 and U6 ordered

 

Referee Coordinator – Craig Eiding

No concerns about filling U10 and older

               More refs avail than last fall and less rec teams

May be a need for additional U8 refs

               Waiting to hear back from some prospects

               Karl to ask contacts if there is any interest

Newly combined LAGS and LBYSA now on new website

               Larsoccer.org

                              Lagssoccer.org and lbysa.org redirect to new site for now

               Andrea to notify Rec coaches of new website

              

Pictures

               Dates scheduled for U6 and U8

 

U6 Coordinator – Ashley Kendall

               Registration numbers at 44 players

               Meet the coach night next Tuesday evening

                              Fun night for players to meet their coaches and popsicles

               Good response with helpers

               Fall schedule: Tues practices/Sun games at Old Homestead

                              Need to ask township about grass cutting schedule

                              No porta-pottie issues in Spring

                              Still need storage for field lining equipment

 

U8 – Shaun Kaley

               Registration numbers at 70

                              30 girls (4 teams), 40 boys (6 teams)

               VFW fields for practices

               3 fields across from high school for games (by field 5 and 6)

               Learned at EPYSA meeting of free 1 ½ hour certification program

                              This Saturday U8 coaches will be participating in the free training

                                             Training, follow-up video and certification

 

Rec League Rep – Scott Guthridge

               All players need to be entered through EPYSA

                              George entering data

                              $250/season program to help with database for future

 

Select League Rep – Bill Knestrick

               Select schedule to be out tomorrow

                              Coaches can put in requests for schedule changes

               Coaches meeting slightly better attended

                             

Treasurer – Christina Pehote (via email)

Current Balance - $38,566.00
July/August
Registrations - $9062
Expenses - portables for June - October 5, 2017 - $928
                   LANCO Fees                                     - $2998
Portables are order for Homestead - should be delivered 9/5/2017 per request
Ordered 2nd portable for HS fields for next week.
    

 

President  – Eric Gervase

               Field development

                              Sept 19th next board meeting

                              Quotes for estimated cost

                                             ~$225,000 for excavation and paving

                                             ~$110-115,000 for excavation only

                                                            Lot needs to be paved but not right away

                              Start reaching out to people for donations/service            

               Coaches/teams to keep up field lining for season

               Soccer Youth Nights

                              Thurs. Oct. 5th – Girls Booster night

                                             Eric to forward Kendra the info for email blast

                              Tues. Sept. 26th – Boys Booster night against Cedar Crest

                                             Ken Bennetch shared details at meeting

                                             Kids escorted onto field for national anthem

                                             Coordinated game at half-time

                                             Raffles

                              Kendra to email out info on both nights to club

                                             

May Meeting (rescheduled June 1)

Members present: Eric Gervase, Karl Stark, George Main, Craig Eiding, Ashley Kendall, Bill Knestrick,

Shaun Kaley, Joe Fackler

Public present: Brian Lesher, Dan Burton, Irene Kaylakan

                             

Uniforms

June 15th - Send an email to club about uniform after select is done.

 

Website

Update website when new events and announcements.  Add teams that won league.

 

Brian Lesher

U13B – Heading to Reading Berks League for Fall, trying for Tier 3

 

Referee Coordinator – Craig Eiding

We need some refs for LAGS.

 

U6 Coordinator – Ashley Kendall

Terry Trophy, Reading.  $2.60/piece vs $2.00/piece.  Irene Kalyakan, Ashley Ruhle taking over admin.  Get the port-o-potties out of there.  Two sizes for jerseys.  Leave registration open.

 

U8 Coordinator – Shaun Kaley

Ephrata played 4v4 with no goalies and will for next year.  Shaun do coordination, Ashley is the in person.

 

Fundraiser/Snack Stand – Chrissy Murray

Volunteers got cleaned up.  Still taking them, but Chrissy sounds under control now.

 

Rec League Rep – Scott Guthridge

               No Update

 

Select League Rep – Bill Knestrick

               No Update

 

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

No Update

 

Registrar – George Main

No Update

 

U9 & Older Coaches Coordinator – Annie Loud

No Update

 

Field Maintenance

               Use Field 4 in Fall and treat at end of Fall and let it rest

April 2017 Meeting (4/25/17)

Members present: Eric Gervase, Christina Pehote, Craig Eiding,, Roger Weir, George Main,

Chrissy Murray, Ashley Kendall, Shaun Kaley, Joe Fackler, Scott Guthridge, Kendra Watson

                       

President - Eric Gervase

Select Try-outs

Drills

Add defensive metric instead of awareness

Add goalie metric? Or measure during team season

Speed, shooting, dribbling drills

Allow younger kids for U9?

            Addressed in email

            Allow them to tryout and make team

            They will need to remain in U9 for 2 years (case dependent)

                        U12/U13 issue

                                    Look into another league for a select/rec combo

                                    See how many come out to see if 2 teams are even possible

                        New Boys try-out night May 12th or May 19th

                                    Check with lacrosse to see if 12th works

                                    Second night will be May 18th or May  24th

                        Girls try-out nights are May 17th and May 25th  

                        Purchase additional numbered pinnies 

                        Tell parents when they will hear who made it

            LBC Soccer camp

                        Reasonable rate – 3 hours, 3 days for $50

                        Would offer just to Cocalico if we can get 50 players signed up

                                    Could have input to what skills are offered

                                    4-5 coaches for a 10-1 ratio

                        Potential one time or on-going training

                        Reach out to our coaches asap to see interest

East Cocalico Township- Field Development

                        Project design estimates underway

                        Looking into excavating cost

                        Need to discuss how to raise finances/apply for grants

            Move summer meetings to Zia Maria location

            Eric to attend the Scholarship School Banquet

            Newspaper photo for Futsal Donation next week

           

Uniforms –

Missed opportunity for spiritwear (36 jackets and 23 bags)

            SneakerVilla crediting us $295 back

Fall uniform orders due by June 1st (June 15th final deadline)

Pricing same as lasts season

 

Picture Coordinator

            Pictures scheduled this weekend

 

Referee Coordinator – Craig Eiding

Referee class in May (must be 14 years old)

 

U6 Coordinator – Ashley Kendall

            68 players registered

                        Keep registration open longer to avoid manual registration

                        Used extra U8 uniforms for additional players

                        Good helpers and running 6 fields

                                    Separating higher skill set players

            Goal of trying to run U6 like U8

                        Formal teams with coaches

                        Will promote attendance

            Need to order medals

                        Leftover medals too hard to remove date

                        Chrissy to research a new medal company

            Spring schedule: Tues 6pm practice/Sun 2pm games

 

U8 – Shaun Kaley

            No update

 

Fundraiser/Snack Stand Coordinator – Chrissy Murray

            No Spring Popcorn Fundraiser due to owner’s health issues

            Looking into Carwash or Zia Maria’s Night

March 2017 (meeting rescheduled for 4/3/17)

Members present: Eric Gervase, Christina Pehote, Craig Eiding,, George Main,

Andrea Loud, Chrissy Murray, Ashley Kendall,  Bill Knestrick,

Shaun Kaley, Joe Fackler, Kendra Watson

Public present: Chad Ogden, Scott Guthridge

                       

Uniforms –

Spring orders are in good shape

            2 small orders still coming in

 

Referee Coordinator – Craig Eiding

No concerns about filling Spring season needs

            5-6 U8/U10 refs

            Will need to line up U8 Tournament refs when schedule is determined

Referee classes are available in March and June (Berks)

            2 currently taking ref class, ready by end of season

Recruiting U12 ages to ref U8 games next year

           

U6 Coordinator – Ashley Kendall

            Registration numbers up to 62 (up from 20 in Jan)

            Running 6 small fields of 5v5 with 12 parent helpers

                        Have 22 parents signed up to help (servings days vs full season)

            Moved location to Old Homestead

                        May need to look into locking Porta-potties

            Spring schedule: Tues 6pm practice/Sun 2pm games

            Goal of splitting kids into teams for Fall 2017

 

U8 – Shaun Kaley

            Registration numbers at 66

                        35 girls (6 teams), 31 boys (6 teams)

            Planning U8 Tournament

            Moved location to high school fields due to VFW poor field conditions

 

Fundraiser/Snack Stand – Chrissy Murray

            Line up volunteers for snack stand

                        U8 Tournament – date TBD

                        LAGS Tournament – Sat/Sun June 3rd and 4th

            Repeat Popcorn Fundraiser

                        Food truck at LAGS

            Offer spiritwear through SneakerVilla online shop

 

Rec League Rep – Scott Guthridge

            Eric to follow up with Scott regarding dates and info

                        Scottguthridge @gmail.com

 

Select League Rep – Bill Knestrick

            League president resigned

            League took on both Rec Leagues (LAGS and LBYSA)

            Select schedules out late

            Coaches meeting x2/year need to be better attended by CYSC

                        All or most coaches need to attend

Now enforced or we will be fined each time

            EPYSA will be standardizing try-out dates (window)

            See Matt Williams for U14/U15 meeting info.

                       

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            $34,646.03 = current balance

                        Feb-March Bank Rec and Statements emailed to board

                        $4260 total ref fees since March 31

                                    Rec $1912

                                    Select $1146

                        Futsal made total of $1180 (minus $150 rental)

                                    Donate $1030 to Foundation!

                                   

Registrar – George Main

            Fall 2017 increase registration rates

                        Agree to keep U6/U8 registration fees low

                        U6 increase from $25 to $30

                        U8 increase from $35 to $40

                        U9&older increase from $65($55 returning) to $75($65)

                        Keep non-volunteer fee at $25

            Select Try-out dates

                        Girls – May 17 and 25

                        Boys – May 18 and 24

 

U9&older Coaches Coordinator – Annie Loud

            Coaches clinic video

            $75 team party

            Select team $250 towards tournament/calendar year(Fall-Spring)

            Rec team – cover both end of season tournaments

                        Cost difference made up in difference of registration fees        

 

President  – Eric Gervase

            Field maintenance not complete

                        Need to switch fields, move some goals and place nets on some

                        Coaches/teams to keep up field lining for season

                       

 


February 28, 2017

Website Update - Joe Fackler and Eric will be working on making some content changes.  More to come.

 

Uniform - Remaining board jackets/hoodies will be purchased once new funds are available from Adidas.  Discussed using funds for pinnies, goalie gloves and other gear/equipment needs. 

 

Ashley, Bill, George did not receive their board jackets/hoodies.

 

Referee - No update

 

Fundraiser and Snack Stand - No update

 

U6 - 46 registrations. 13 shirts left over.  17-19 people will be u6 helper.  3-4 full time helpers.  9 Maintenance for lining fields.  Trying to get small sided to 4v4 or 5v5.  Need to order more YS jerseys.  Ashley will advise when she has a better idea of numbers.   

 

U8 - 31 boys, 34 girls.  6 boys, 6 girls teams.  Need one boy coach and one girl coach.  First week in April for practices.  Eric will get in touch with Britta to confirm start dates.  Volunteer designation for snack stand is creating problems for getting coaches.

 

Rec League - LBYSA meeting 3/6, Eric will attend.  Merger begins in Fall of 2017.  Could not find any information about LAGS meeting.

 

Select League - Bill Knestrick said that there is a meeting in a week or so.  CYSC will have to audit registration systems. Because we are on Blue Sombrero it should be pretty easy.  Also mentioned that GroupNet had some pretty tight integrations and might make our lives easier

 

Equipment - Gloves and pinnies.  Perhaps use Adidas dollars for this.

 

Coaching - Need one u12 girls.  Need u10 boys coach

 

Treasurer - $40,000 balance - $13,000 in registrations - $1,100 for Futsal to be donated to CEF

 

Registrar - Probably open Fall registration in early April.

 

Field Set up Day - Games start April 1st/2nd.  Field set up day will be March 11th.

 

Field Planning - Rec Board

·  Have access to Stony Point and Old Homestead.  Need to ask Weaver's about 

·  Have approval to move forward on financial and operational plan for behind the East Cocalico Township building.  Creating "task force" for this.  Any interest?

 

Can't schedule games 5/12 and 5/13 due to Lacrosse tourney.  Eric trying to coordinate early with them to paint in orange.  

 

Spring Festival - Bill will be creating content for coaching clinic.  George will be creating fun day aspect for kids.  Will want as many coaches to attend as possible.  Eric will request use of middle school gym as back up for inclement weather.  In case of inclement weather, the coaching clinic will proceed, the kids part will not.  

 

March 18th

1:00-2:30 for coaches

2:30-4:30 for kids

Middle School Gym for inclement weather

 

U12/U13 girls’ situation - Edson has 13 players for 11v11.  Would like to add Madison Sheehan.  Would be best for her to be playing in a more competitive environment.  Might break the 80/20 rule.  Also, would create an opening at U12 rec girls coach that we'd need to fill.  Should also see if there are other U12 girls that might be "select" ready.  Board approved of Madison Sheehan playing on Edson's team for the Spring.

 

Missed EPYSA meeting on Sunday 2/26.  We will be getting fined.  

January 24, 2017

Members present: Eric Gervase, Christina Pehote, Craig Eiding,, Roger Weir, George Main,

Andrea Loud, Shaun Kaley, Joe Fackler, Kendra Watson

                       

Uniforms –

SneakerVilla needs uniform orders by Feb. 15th

U6/U8 set up to order and pay on the website

Coordinators/coaches to then distribute uniforms to players

 

Picture Coordinator

            Julie Lehman would like a replacement

 

Referee Coordinator – Craig Eiding

No concerns about filling Spring season needs

Referee classes are available in March and June (Berks area)

 

U6 Coordinator – Ashley Kendall

            Flyers went out before Christmas break

            Registration numbers in the 20’s so far

            Goal of trying to run U6 like U8

                        Will need more coaches, will have weekly signups for volunteers

            Would like Adamstown Elementary for location

                        Need to put in request to school

            Spring schedule: Tues 6pm practice/Sun 2pm games

 

U8 – Shaun Kaley

            Moved a few players from U8 up to U10 for Spring

            Registration numbers at 36 players (19 girls, 17 boys)

            Futsal going well, made another deposit

                        Participation is trending higher than last year

 

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            $29,483 = current balance

                        Balance sheet details emailed to board

                        No fees from Blue Sombrero recently

                                    George to make sure fees are up to date

                                    Transactions may be blocked since account change

            Received 501c3 status!!

                        We need to advertise it- club email, place on website

                        Need to file 990 every year in May

                                   

Registrar – George Main

            Sending out reminder that Spring registration ends Jan 31st

            U6 and U8 registration will remain open.

 

 

U9&older Coaches Coordinator – Annie Loud

            Still need coaches to fill positions

                        Will reach out to them again

            Registration numbers looking low

                        Need to encourage earlier registration

            Began discussion on offering more coaching resources

                        Pay for coaches to get their F License

            Make more information available on our website

Resources for different age groups

                                   

Secretary – Kendra Watson

            Put out signs in community to boost Spring registration

            Reach out to Ken to see if he still has them

Email sent out regarding prices on shelves/bins for shed organization

            Board approved the proposed $253 for purchases

            Roger donated 55 gallon drum needed for flags

Season starts

            LAGS = 1st game on April 2nd, tournament June 3rd and 4th

            LBYSA = opens April 8th, closes June 3rd

            Lanco = Spring dates not available on website

 

President  – Eric Gervase

            Planning to attend February EPYSA meeting

            Field maintenance needed for Field 4

                        Try to rest this field for Spring

                        Reseed? Permission from school

            EPYSA grant application due by April 3rd

East Cocalico Township Meeting regarding Field Development

            December meeting = not enough voting members for quorem

            On schedule for February meeting

Player/Coach development

            E-courses

            Host a class

            Have outside person come in to train

Select try-outs

            Try to have them earlier in the Spring season this year

            Last year they were the 3rd and 4th week of May

Kick-off week for Spring Season

            Invite teams/players- age groups together

                        Opportunity for us to communicate to entire club

                        Opportunity for coaches to communicate with each other