Website Manager

No December 2015 Meeting

November 24, 2015

Members present: Eric Gervase, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote,  Ken Bennetch, Roger Weir,

Matt Williams, George Main, Shaun Kaley, Kendra Watson

 

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            $21,491.22 is the  current balance

                        Outstanding expenses $527.30 to be paid

            $1059 to be deposited soon (additional LAGS snack stand)

Projected to apply for 501c3 status in Jan/Feb 2016

            May apply for grants during application period

 

Registrar – George Main

            Setting up Spring 2016 registration to start in Jan 2016 – ending Feb 2016

                        Changing online system to group ages differently

                                    Better use of “team builder” function in Blue Sombrero

Flyers to go home through school mail by Christmas

Early January walk-in registration dates

                                    Jan 7th and 12th awaiting approval

                                    George asking Eric M to send in request

            Discussed Sneaker Villa as future uniform provider

                        Eric G to invite rep to our next meeting to review pricing

 

Futsal for the Foundation – Matt Williams

            Matt emailed out the information to the board

            $150 rental fee to use the gym for 9 Sundays (Jan-Feb)

            $20/player for both months or $5/player per Sunday

            All proceeds above rental fee donated to Cocalico Education Foundation

 

U6/U8 update

            Need to reevaluate cost of bounce house rental

                        Kendra suggested bigbrightbounces.com

            Decided to only buy 1 set of medals for U8 per season

                        Were giving medals at U8 Tourn and end of season

                        Only give at Tournament and not at end of season

 

Fundraiser Coordinator/Snack Stand Coordinator – Chrissy Murray

            $860.65 deposited and $1059 to be deposited from LAGS snack stand

            Leftovers from tournament donated to Opportunity House

                        Shelter in Reading that Chrissy has volunteered  at

            Planning to do Spiritwear again for spring at registration

                        This way families receive items at start of season

 

President – Eric Gervase

            Field tear down day = Sat. Dec 5th at 10am

                        U8/U6 fields torn down already

Consolidate high school fields

Inventory goals (sizes) and nets

            Repair old nets

            Make list of goals/nets we need for new guidelines

            Apply for grant to cover new equipment costs

            Matt Williams inventory from memory

                        7x21 goals = 3 sets usable, 1 set broken

                        7x21 nets = 5 sets usable

                        6x18 goals = 1 set

                        6x18 nets = 0

                        8x24 goals = 1 set

                        8x24 nets = 1 set (was on Field 2)

            Age group changes

                        Eric to send out spreadsheet

                                    Shows regrouping of our current players

                        Eric to send out draft email to board to review

                                    Final draft will be sent out to all families to alert of changes

                        Lanco meeting coming up in Jan (3rd Wednesday) at LBC

                                    Eric G to join Bill K in attendance

 

October 27, 2015 Meeting Minutes 

 

Members present: Eric Gervase, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, Jadon Rothenberger,

Shaun Kaley, Chrissy Murray, Kendra Watson

Public Present: Brad Bell

 

LAGS update

            Karl confirmed all fields are lined and ready

            Karl confirmed that field marshals are assigned

                        Megan Weir – Sat + Sun

                        Avery Stark – Sat

                        Gavin Stark – Sun

            Board member presence at tournament

                        Karl  – Sat

                        Eric G – Sun

            Traffic control and EMS covered by Roger Weir

            Trophies to be picked up by Eric G

            Jadon reported that we are covered with refs

            Concession stand volunteers covered at this point

                        Much difficulty getting parent volunteer participation

Much thanks to Dan Burton who lined up 7 girls from his past teams

            to volunteer on Saturday

                        Food donations

Denver Meats (400 hot dogs)

Pepperidge Farms (700 buns – hot dog and hamburger)

Goods chip (50 bags)

Frito Lay (150 bags)

Water (100 bottles)

 

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            $20,320 is the  current balance

            Expenses

3 tournament reimbursements - $750

                        3 seasons of registrar fees - $900

                        Medals - $278

            Incoming

                        Made $540 on Spiritwear

            501C3 – to email details of financials to Eric G

 

Registrar – George Main

            Setting up Spring 2016 registration to start in Dec 2015 – ending Feb 2016

                        Changing online system to group ages differently

                                    Better use the “team builder” function in Blue Sombrero

Mid-Dec walk in registration dates

                                    Will reserve the cafeteria and inform board next week

            Needs to know if we want online uniform ordering on the site

                        Kendra to follow-up with Stacy Shenk

                                    Make sure she is added to board emails

                                    Discussed Sneaker Villa as future uniform provider?

            New EPYSA guidelines

“Changes will bring the US in line with international standards as well

            as align with our national youth team programs” –EPYSA board

                        Suggested to start in Fall 2016

                        Will be mandated for full compliance by 2017-18

                        Age group change

                                    From school year to calendar year system

                        Alterations to how many players can be on the field

                                    Will change the size of our rosters

                                    9v9 for U12 play

                                    7v7 for U10 play

                                    4v4 for U8 and below

                                                Smaller teams, more refs, more coaches, more U8 fields?

Alterations of field size and goal sizes

            May need additional fields than we have currently

            May need new goals

 

U6 – Shaun Kaley

            Fun day on Sat Oct 31

                        Medals and pizza scheduled

 

U8 update

            Fun day on Sat Oct 31

                        Bounce house, medals and pizza scheduled

 

Fundraiser Coordinator/Snack Stand Coordinator – Chrissy Murray

            Spiritwear was a success

            Suggested handing out Spring Spiritwear order forms at Dec registration

                        Families can receive items before the season starts

            Kauffman Chicken BBQ Fundraiser idea

                        400 min chicken order ($3.85 our price, sell for $7)

                        Choose high traveled location

                        Karl to ask about different BBQ contact (more reasonable price)

            Additional ideas

                        Lottery calendar

                        Sponsor/advertisement poster

 

President – Eric Gervase

            Plan a strategic meeting to set long term goals

                        2 hour meeting at Eric’s home

                        Items to address

                                    Fields

                                    Volunteers

                                    Training – approach/professional training

Apply for grants/monetary gifts from local associations

            Denver Lyons club has given $300 last season

            Reamstown Athletic Association has given ~$5000 in past

                        Eric G contacting Jaime Lesher for details

            Reinholds VFW a possibility

                        Eric G to follow-up

August 25, 2015

Members present: Eric Gervase, Roger Weir, Shaun Kaley, Jadon Rothenberger, Matt Williams, Christina Pehote, Karl Stark, Ken Bennetch, George Main, Kendra Watson

 Public present: Harold Gruber, Regina Koppenhaver, Laura Royer, Susan Cohen, Bill Knestrick

U6 Coordinator – Shaun Kaley

            Field located at Adamstown Elementary

            Season starting on Tuesday, September 8

                        Practices = Tuesdays at 6pm

                        Games = Saturdays at noon

            40+ players currently signed up

U8 Coordinator – Mark Kelly(not present), update by Eric Gervase

            Fields located at Reinholds VFW

                        May need to look for new location for Spring 2016

            VFW concerned about kids crossing through parking lot

                        CYSC parking to be in Pavilion back parking lot only

                        Make sure to communicate this well to parents

            Missing soccer goals were found at VFW

            U8 evals completed yesterday, rosters TBD in next few days

            Season starting on Tuesday, September 8 , ending October 31

Field set-up on Wed and Sat of this week

Treasurer - Christina Pehote

            Current balance $32,840

            Update with 501C3 Non-profit status – Leid, Lorah & Co.

            Have 2 complete years of documentation 2013 and 2014

            Will soon have 2015 and plan to file in Jan 2016

    Will look into removing PortaPots from fields for summer

    Karl to email Coach/team list and game schedule to Christina

Registrar/Select League Rep - George Main

            May now have 3 coaches on sideline instead of 2

Rec League Rep - Ken Bennetch

            Season start

                        Boys – Sept 12

                        Girls – Sept 13

            Plan to host LAGS Oct 31 & Nov 1

            Has a bin of shoes to donate

            Moved Reamstown shed to his property

                        Contents need sorted through

Referee Coordinator – Jadon Rothenberger

            Good coverage for season

            No background checks needed for refs under 15 years old

            Recent message on CYSC website was successful at creating new ref interest

            Brainstorm ways to increase our ref availability

                        $100 cost for ref license course

Secretary – Kendra Watson

            New Snack Stand Coordinator = Emily Moyer

    Volunteers needed to fill open positions

                        League Rep-Rec ASAP

Field Maintenance Coordinator ASAP

                        Fundraiser Coordinator ASAP

                        Website Coordinator ASAP

            No electricity currently in stand/shed

            Permission to use new bathrooms

                        Eric M looking into getting permission from school

President – Eric Gervase

            Youth Soccer Night

                        Karl to contact Whitney for details

            Future meeting location

                        Eric M waiting to hear back from school for Middle School Cafeteria

                        Ken to look into Vertex Building

                        Harold Gruber to look into Smokestown Fire Hall

                        Kendra to contact Reamstown Community Center

                                    Keri Deim 336-5080

            Better communication

Website and Facebook - season start/end/practices/games

Coordinators to coaches

Coaches to parents

    Bill Knestrick to look into Blue Sombrero website

            Possibly create Coaches Corner

    Mark L to remind coaches of $250 towards tournaments per season per team

August 4, 2015 - Rescheduled July Meeting

Members present: Ken Bennetch, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, Eric Metzger, Jadon Rothenberger, George Main, Mark Kelly, Roger Weir, Eric Gervase, Shaun Kaley,
Mark Laudenslager
Public Present: Alain Ouilikon, Megan Knestrick, Bill Knestrick, Annie Loud, Harold Gruber

Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            $33,364 is the Balance

            $4700 in online registrations

            $63 to Eagle Rental

            $990 Registration fees

            $150 for Fields to Cocalico School District

            $110 came in from Phillies Fundraiser

            Question if there is a LAGS Tournament Fee?

                        Usually use 3-4 cases of paint for LAGS

                        Christina and Ken will work on settling up on LAGS

Registrar – George Main

            U10 Rec Coaches are needed.  We need two head coaches. 

            George is going to send list of players for u10 girls so that we can see if there

are any parent candidates in the list. 

    Background Checks

            Select coaches have to go through EPYSA risk assessment

            State extended to 5 years once you have done their assessment

            Volunteers are free, employees have to pay

            Club will pay for any out-of-state volunteers who have to go through

FBI check

    All this must be up to date by July of 2016

U6 – Mark Kelly

            Mark passed the torch to Shaun Kaley

            Mark has shared a tasks and overview document with Shaun to aid in

transition.

Picture Coordinator – Mark Kelly

            Mark passed the torch to Julie Lehman

            Mark shared similar tasks and overview document to Julie to aid in transition

U8 – Eric Gervase

            Girls registration is light, 24 so far.

            Boys registration is doing really good, at 49

            Decided that u8 will continue at Reinholds at least this year.

Uniform Coordinator - Jamie Lesher

            No update. Stacy Shenk is transitioning into this role. There is talk of

potentially changing arrangement with Soccer Stop, but tabling until Stacy is

up and running.

VP Update – Karl Stark

            Brought up moving shed.  Decided that we should check condition.  If

movable, temporarily have moved to Ken Bennetch’s property until a better

plan can be figured out.  If not movable, figure out what equipment is salvageable. 

Field Maintenance Update – Eric Metzger

            Fields available – Field A and both swails and possibly midget football field.

            Any space that grass is available is good.

            Eric Metzger is going to submit field request forms as soon as he can for

everything. Form is submitted to Christy Firestone.

    Eric Metzger brought up a need for more legitimate stakes for the goals.  All

the rebar and other stakes weren’t really working great or weren’t bent out of shape in field tear down.  A need for better equipment for safety concerns.  Eric is going to get an estimate for that and send it around before purchase.

   Need to make a new shed key and get it out to the sheds.  Eric and Mark L both have copies, need one to get new key made and put out at shed.

   Need to communicate with coaches about field setup and practice.  Field Setup is tentatively August 15th or latest August 22nd.  Send email to coaches about field setup and claiming fields that day.

   Need to get permission for Field 3, not much conflict with Junior High scheduled.  But, need Mark L to ask if it is ok.

Rec Update – Ken Bennetch

            New Girls rule – 5 goal differential, losing team can add a player until end of

game.

   New Boys rule – 7 goal differential, game could be over.  Up to coaches and

ref to decide if they continue.

   Ken brought up question of refs background check. Kid refs 14 and over need to get checks.  Do they fall under volunteer or paid?  What do we do with younger refs for u8?

   U15 Girls rec is now 8v8.

   U10 Boys now has the choice of being 6v6 or 8v8, just like the girls.

   Opening Day for the season is September 12 for boys and September 13 for Girls.  Silent Sat/Sunday is 10/24 for boys and 10/25 for Girls.

   LAGS is October 31 and November 1st.  Rain date is November 7/8th.  We will have available fields and should be good to go.

Referee Update – Jadon Rothenberger

Send email to older kids in club.  George Main send that out?

Hold our own sessions to get more refs licensed?  Difficult to get

trainers.

George Main will put link on website and email to parents for potential new refs.

Equipment Update – Roger Weir

Needs estimates from everyone about new coaches coming on.  Both Eric G and George will communicate what is needed there.

Eric M mentioned that a goal was broken in field tear down (or since).  8v8 goal – 7x21.  May need to replace.

Election Results:

            President – Eric Gervase

            VP – Karl Stark

            Secretary – Kendra Watson

            Treasurer – Christina Pehote

            Coaching Coordinator – Mark Laudenslager

            Field Coordinator – Still vacant.

            Equipment Coordinator – Roger Weir

            Registrar – George Main

            Select League Rep – Bill Knestrick

            U6 – Shaun Kaley

            U8 – Mark Kelly

            Fundraiser – Jesse LaSon

Tabled Items for next meeting

            Talk about uniforms and what our plan is moving forward with Soccer Stop.

June 23, 2015

Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Matt Williams, Christina Pehote, Karl Stark, Ken Bennetch, Jamie Lesher,
Lawanda Martin, Shaun Kaley, George Main, Kendra Watson


Field Coordinator- Matt Williams

            Fall field situation

                        Other sports also in need of fields (hockey + football)

                        Possible fields to consider (8v8, 6v6)

                                    Southpoint (6v6)

                                    Stevens Fire Hall

                                    Peace Church

                                    Gehman’s Mennonite (no Sun games)

                                    VFW (U8 program and 8v8 field)

                                    Adamstown Elementary (U6 program)

                                    Reamstown Mennonite

            Eventual goal to have U6 and U8 program back at fields across from HS

            Schedule field tear down (Field A, 3 and 5)

                        Label nets with size

            Wed evening summer open practices for U9-U12 girls

                        5:45pm-7:15pm in swale at HS


Treasurer- Christina Pehote

            Current balance around $27,000

                        Recent Expenses

                                    Fun Day $1200 (medals $863)

                        Recent Deposits

                                    U6 Photography $350

                                    LAGS (still calculating)

                                    Registration $1000

                                    Uniforms

                                    Snack Stand $1953.12

    Created new treasurer email and google calendar for the board

    Update with 501C3 Non-profit status – Leid, Lorah & Co.

            Will review 2012 finances by next meeting

    Will look into removing PortaPots from fields for summer

    Shared thank you letter from scholarship recipient (Lea Dungan)


U8 Coordinator – Eric Gervase (via email)

            Reinholds VFW would like the goals removed over summer

                        Eric coordinating removal


Registrar - George Main

            Working on Select Team passes


Ken Bennetch

            Needs replacement for his position

                        To repost on FB with job description

                                    2 meetings/year in Manheim Junction Center

                                    Register teams at beginning of each season

                                    Filter emails and report any new info to CYSC board


Uniform Coordinator - Jamie Lesher

            New Uniform Coordinator = Stacey Shenk

            Change system so parents are paying vendor?

                        Eliminate cash flow through CYSC

                        Soccer shots (no online ordering) vs Angelo’s (online ordering avail)


Secretary/Snack Stand Coordinator – Kendra Watson

            New Snack Stand Coordinator = Emily Moyer

            New U6 Coordinator = Shaun Kaley

            New Picture Coordinator = Julie Lehman

    Volunteers needed to fill open positions

                        League Rep-Rec ASAP

Field Maintenance Coordinator ASAP

                        U9and older Coaching Coordinator ASAP

                        Fundraiser Coordinator ASAP

                        Website Coordinator ASAP


President – Mark Laudenslager

            EPYSA background checks

                        InTouch magazine article

            Elections in July

            To contact Jadon to see if he is continuing as Referee Coordinator

                        If not, consider cost to get Rec League to assign referees

May 26, 2015

Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Matt Williams, Eric Gervase, Christina Pehote, Mark Kelly,

Karl Stark, Ken Bennetch, Roger Weir, Kendra Watson, Julie Lehman

Field Coordinator- Matt Williams

            Moved Field A slightly

    Need to set up additional field in swale for LAGS Tournament

            Need help to set up on Wed night

    Eric Metzger to contact school about shed door

    To contact Hecht Construction about water/sewer to snack stand

Treasurer- Christina Pehote

            Current balance of $22,008.07

    Update with 501C3 Non-profit status – Leid, Lorah & Co.

            Completed revenue and expenses summary for 2013 and 2014

            Still reviewing 2012 info

            Need 3 years worth of paperwork

U6 Coordinator – Mark Kelly

            New U6 Coordinator for Fall 2015 = Shaun Kaley

            New Uniform Coordinator for Fall 2015 = Stacey Shenk

            New Picture Coordinator for Fall 2015 = Julie Lehman

U8 Coordinator – Eric Gervase

            U8 at Reinholds VFW location went well

                        Look into improving fields

                        Foster relationship with VFW for long-term use of fields

            Reinholds VFW has funds to allocate

Submit letter for finances

Ken Bennetch

            New rule for this season

                        Any boys rec game more than 6 goals above = ends game

            Barnstormers and Phils games this week

Secretary/Snack Stand Coordinator – Kendra Watson

            Snack stand for hosting LAGS

                        Volunteerspot.com for volunteer sign-ups sent out

                        12 volunteers still needed

                        Mark Kelly and Eric Gervase to ask for volunteers at practice

                        Contacting the HS to see if any students need community service

    New Snack Stand Coordinator = Emily Moyer

    Volunteers needed to fill open positions

                        Field Maintenance Coordinator ASAP

                        U9and older Coaching Coordinator ASAP

                        Fundraiser Coordinator ASAP

President – Mark Laudenslager

            Future field sites

            Schedule next years meetings

April 28, 2015

Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Matt Williams, Eric Gervase, Jamie Lesher, Kendra Watson, Jeremy Alan


Treasurer- Christina Pehote
(emailed info to share at meeting)

            Current balance of $23,566.46

            Recent deposits (total $980)

            Recent expenses (total $9,845.95)

                        LANCO registration -$1,078

                        Ref Fees -$4,011

                        Uniforms -$2,791

    Donated $530 to Cocalico Education Foundation from Futsal

    Update with 501C3 Non-profit status – Leid, Lorah & Co.

            Completed revenue and expenses summary for 2013 and 2014

            Mark L to find 2012 Treasurer Report

                        Possibly file after 2015 if 2012 info is not located


Uniforms- Jamie Lesher

            Stepping down from uniforms position

                        Will orient a new person for Fall 2015


Registration/Select League Rep – George Main
(emailed info to share at meeting)

            Fall registration is open online

            Walk-in dates for fall registration at the snack stand

                         Sat. May 16 at 9am-11am

                         Mon. May 18 at 6pm-8pm

    Mid-May tryouts for select teams – Mark L to set up tentatively

U9 boys = May 19 + 21

            U10 boys (Bryan) = May 19 + 21

            U9 girls (Burton) = May 18 + 20

            U10 girls (Ogden) = May 19 + 21

            U12 girls (Williams) = May 18 + 20

            Criminal background checks

                        PA Child Abuse History

                        PA Criminal History

                        FBI fingerprinting (only needed if not lived in PA in past 10yrs)

                        Good for 3 years

                        Clearance needs to be done at least 3 weeks in advance

            Add check box at registration for clearances with opt out box

                        Supply ID# if person already cleared


U8 Coordinator – Eric Gervase

            U8 Tournament is a go at Reinholds VFW

            Reinholds VFW has funds to allocate

submit letter for finances

            Sending out email to all U8 coaches for interest in U9/10 coaching in Fall

            U8 Tournament ref fees still need to be submitted to Treasurer


Secretary/Snack Stand Coordinator – Kendra Watson

            New sign at fields with field map and game schedule by shed

                        Permission granted from high school to post

            Snack stand planned for hosting LAGS and U8 tournament stand

                        Volunteerspot.com for volunteer sign-ups sent out

            Volunteers needed to fill open positions – send out email for interest

                        U6 Coordinator for Fall 2015

                        Field Maintenance Coordinator ASAP

                        U9and older Coaching Coordinator ASAP

                        Snack Stand Coordinator ASAP

                        Uniform Coordinator for Fall 2015

                        Picture Coordinator ASAP


President – Mark Laudenslager

            To email all U9&older coaches to see interest for coaching for Fall 2015

            Schedule meetings for Fall 2015/Spring 2016

                        Ask VFW for availability

            Scholarship applications from high school

                        Karl and Eric M to review this weekend

March 24, 2015

Members present: Christina Pehote, Matt Williams, Eric Metzger, Eric Gervase, Jadon Rothenberger, Mark Miller, Brad Shober, George Main, Ken Bennetch, Kendra Watson, Deb & Rich Hartz, Mark Laudenslager


Treasurer- Christina Pehote

        Current balance of $32,275

        Recent deposits

                        $13,800 uniforms/ spring registration

                        $680 Soccer Futsal (-$150 rental made to school)

Recent expenses

            $1200 paint

            ref fees, uniforms, league fees to come out soon

Eric Metzger and Emily Sensenig to review current account balances

Update with 501C3 Non-profit status – Leid, Lorah & Co.

                        Need 2012 Treasurer Report

                                    To look in Reamstown shed document storage

                                    Reach out to bank to print banking report

                        Pick calendar year ending vs fiscal year ending


Registration/Select League Rep – George Main

            U9&older registration closed

            U8/U6 registration still open (U8 girls closed)

            Boys teams

                        U10BS, U10BR x 2, U12BR, U19BR

            Girls teams

                        U9GS, U10GS, U11GS, U12GS, Hogan LANCO team

                        U10GR(8v8) x 3, U12GR x 2, U15GR

            Must declare teams by March 31st

                        Boys – Saturday games

                        Girls – Sunday games

            Fall 2015 Registration opens in 2 weeks

                        Mid-April tryouts for select (set by May 15)

            Criminal background checks

                        PA Child Abuse History

                        PA Criminal History

                        FBI fingerprinting (only needed if not lived in PA in past 10yrs)

                        Good for 3 years

                        Clearance needs to be done at least 3 weeks in advance

            Add check box at registration for clearances with opt out box

                        Supply ID# if person already cleared


U8 Coordinator – Eric Gervase

            Numbers of players to date

42 girls (4 full teams)

                        51 boys (6 teams) – room for additional players if needed

            U8 Tournament

                        Notify Reinholds VFW of date


Field Coordinator – Matt Williams

            Fields for Spring 2015

                        4 fields available at high school

One 11v11, two 8v8’s and one 6v6 (plus an extra 6v6/8v8 in the swale closest to the trees and lacrosse field)

                        Reinholds VFW

                                    Site for U6/U8 practice/games (3 fields)

U12 field(possibly)

                        Reamstown Elementary field available – will not need now

            Rescheduled Field set-up date

                        March 28th at 10am (cancelled twice due to snow)

                        Angela Muse has access to flat bed trailer

    Getting quotes on cage/cabinets to secure equipment/paint in shed

            Hect construction too expensive

            To look at Agway

    LAGS

            4 fields (field 3, 11v11, jv field, field A and poss 5th field)


Ken Bennetch – reporting for League Rep Rec

            ROMP Rule for boys teams = optional not mandatory

                        When team up by 5 points other team is to drop a player

                        Make game more fair

                        Jadon aware to pass onto referees

                        NEW (just girls teams)- losing team may add player for entire game

            Silent Sunday- May 17


Secretary/Snack Stand Coordinator – Kendra Watson

            New CYSC Facebook Page successful

                        Link to Soccer cleat/equipment exchange Facebook page added

            No snack stand for U6/U8 Saturday games this season

            Snack stand planned for hosting LAGS and possible U8 tournament stand

            Compile contact list (phone numbers) for board members only

            Volunteers needed to fill open positions – send out email for interest

                        U6 Coordinator for Fall 2015

                        Field Maintenance Coordinator ASAP

                        U9and older Coaching Coordinator ASAP

                        Snack Stand Coordinator ASAP

            Items to discuss at next meeting

                        Spring U9and older tryout process for Fall 2015

                        Update by-laws

                        Schedule meetings for Fall 2015/Spring 2016


President – Mark Laudenslager

            Criminal background checks

            Mandatory Reporting

                        Online training mandatory for all volunteers needing clearance

                        3 hour online course

            Annual concussion training due

                        George to check who still needs to complete

February 24, 2015


Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, Roger Weir, Ken Bennetch, Kendra Watson, Joe Fackler,
Deb & Rich Hartz, Renee D’Ariano, Matt Bacon

President - Mark Laudenslager

            Start a field fund

            Due to update by-laws

            Schedule CYSC monthly meetings for Fall 2015/Spring 2016

Treasurer- Christina Pehote

            Current balance of $27,716

            Recent deposits

                        $7500 uniforms/registration

                        $570 Soccer Futsal (-$150 donation made to school)

    Moving ahead with 501C3 Non-profit status

                        Leid, Lorah & Co. to file

Matt Williams

            Futsal For The Foundation has been a success

            EPYSA Annual Meeting on March 7 & 8

                        We need a representative there – Mark L to address

            Getting quotes on cage/cabinets to secure equipment/paint in shed

            Order new nets (U10) – Mark L to order

Field Coordinators – Mark Laudenslager/Matt Williams

            Field shortage for Spring 2015

                        4 fields available at high school

    One 11v11, two 8v8’s and one 6v6 (plus an extra 6v6/8v8 in the swale closest to the trees and lacrosse field)

                        Reinholds VFW possible site for U6/U8 games

                                    Karl/Matt/Mark to check them out

                        Reamstown Elementary field available

                        Stoney Point field available

    Karl checking out CCC site for future use

            Field set-up date

                        March 14th at 10am (March 21st weather make-up)

                        Angela Muse has trailer if needed

Ken Bennetch

            RUMP Rule to be enforced

                        When team up by 5 points other team is to drop a player

                        Common complaint at League meeting - teams are failing to comply

                        Pass onto coaches so they are aware

            League meeting next week – March 3

                        Need preliminary numbers for meeting

            Donation Coordinator?

                        Outgrown cleats/balls exchange

Secretary/Snack Stand Coordinator – Kendra Watson

            Promote new CYSC Facebook Page to U6/U8

            Discussed current Background Checks through EPYSA

                        Emailed EPYSA to see if they are meeting the new requirements

                                    PA Child Abuse History

                                    PA Criminal History

                                    FBI fingerprinting (only needed if not lived in PA in past 10yrs)

            Unsure what snack stand will look like this season with scattered fields

                        Hosting LAGS TBD (4 fields avail only)

            Volunteers needed to fill open positions

                        U6 Coordinator for Fall 2015

                        Field Maintenance Coordinator ASAP

                        U9and older Coaching Coordinator ASAP

                        Snack Stand Coordinator ASAP

                        Donation Coordinator ASAP

            Items to discuss at next meeting

                        Spring U9and older tryout process for Fall 2015

                        Update by-laws

                        Quotes (Matt W) for cage to lock up paint/equipment in shed

January 27, 2015

Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, Matt Williams, George Main, Mark Kelly, Eric Gervase, Eric Metzger, Kendra Watson


Treasurer- Christina Pehote

           Current balance of $19,388

Accountant quotes for 501C3 Non-profit status

                        Weinhold, Nickel & Co. = $1000 to file ($1350 – 350 for advertising)

                                                            $1200-2000 annually

                        Leid, Lorah & Co. = $500 to file

                                                            $750 annually + financial reviews

                        Benefits of 501C3 Non-profit status

                                    Able to receive grants (i.e. EPYSA)

                                    Donations = tax write-offs

                                    Legal protection of board members

                        Long process ahead

                        Board agreed to move ahead with Leid, Lorah & Co. to file

U6 Coordinator - Mark Kelly

            Stepping down from U6 Coordinator position after Spring 2015

                        Replacement needed for Fall 2015

U8 Coordinator – Eric Gervase

            Discussion whether to keep U8 Fall teams together or disband

                        Decided to disband to evenly distribute talent

Futsal for the Foundation – Matt Williams

            6 Sundays (Feb 1 – March 8) = $150 facility rental

            Charging $10/child for 6 weeks

            Profits to be donated to the Cocalico Education Foundation

Mark Laudenslager

            Due to update by-laws

            Schedule CYSC monthly meetings for next year

Field Coordinator – Eric Metzger

            Field shortage for Spring 2015

                        Matt W to ask Hogan for field availability of JV field

                        Karl to follow up with Cocalico Community Church

            Field set-up date

                        March 14th at 10am (March 21st weather make-up)

Secretary/Snack Stand Coordinator – Kendra Watson

            Promote new CYSC Facebook Page to U6/U8

            Discussed current Background Checks through EPYSA

            Volunteers needed to fill open positions

                        U6 Coordinator for Fall 2015

                        Field Maintenance Coordinator ASAP

                        U9and older Coaching Coordinator ASAP

                        Snack Stand Coordinator ASAP

            Items to discuss at next meeting

                        Spring U9and older tryout process for Fall 2015

                        Update by-laws

                        Quotes (Matt W) for cage to lock up paint/equipment in shed