Website Manager

November 25, 2014


CYSC Meeting Minutes

Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, Matt Williams, George Main,
Andrea Loud, Eric Gervase, Shaun Kaley, Kendra Watson


Philadelphia Union

            Jason Freedman shared information about partnership opportunities in Oct

            Revisit in January


Mark Laudenslager

            Due to update by-laws

            Schedule CYSC monthly meetings for next year

                        Look at cheaper sites- i.e. Vertex Building

                        Middle School cafeteria currently $75/night – Christina to verify

            Email Select coaches to find out if all players/teams are returning for Spring


Kendra Watson- Secretary/Snack Stand

            Less profitable season -no U8 tournament, less teams at LAGS, rained out Sat

            Harder to get volunteers and many volunteer cancellations to deal with

                       Next registration will add a $25 opt out volunteer fee

    Had many donations for LAGS tournament

       Denver Meats, Burger King, Goods Potato Chips, Pepperidge Farm       Sending thank you letters

    Donating leftover buns and chips from season to New Holland Food Bank

            Next registration looking for new snack stand coordinator


George Main - Registration

            Eric M to reserve Jan dates with school (at least 6 weeks in advance)

            Possible Saturday walk-in at Adamstown library?

            Close registration in February

            George Main and Eric Gervase to send email to coaches with registration link

            for players

            Reviewed registration rates – agreed to remain the same for Spring 2014

            George M to add $25 opt out volunteer fee


Christina Pehote - Treasurer

            Current balance of $20,500,            Ending balance of $18,283

            Recent expenses: Tournament reimbursements, uniforms, PUG goals,

                        spiritwear, medals, building rental, field rental

            Recent deposits: Yankee Candle fundraiser, Snack Stand profits

            LAGS- make sure Dave is billed for field use fee from high school

            Christina not able to apply for 501C3 Nonprofit status

Need to go through accountant (got a quote for $2000)

Mark L to ask Brian Lesher for a second quote


Eric Gervase – U8 Coordinator

            New U8 Assistant Coordinators – Andrea Loud and Shaun Kaley


Other

            Matt W to get quotes for cages to lock up items in the shed (paint/equip)

            George M asked LANCO for donation of $2800 for coaching bags/balls/nets

            No December meeting - George M to email registration dates to board.

October 28, 2014

CYSC Meeting Minutes

Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Karl Stark, Mark Kelly, Lora Kauffman, Christina Pehote, Ken Bennetch, Matt Williams, Emily Sensenig, Jaime Lesher, Eric Metzger, Kendra Watson

Philadelphia Union

            Jason Freedman shared information about partnership opportunities

Mark Laudenslager

            Due to update bylaws

                        Kendra to email bylaws to board

            Schedule CYSC monthly meetings for next year

                        Look at cheaper sites- i.e. Vertex Building

                        Middle School cafeteria currently $75/night

            Email Select coaches to find out if all players/teams are returning for Spring

Kendra Watson- Secretary/Snack Stand

  Update website: Coaching Coordinator = Mark Laudenslager

Less profitable season -no U8 tournament, less teams at LAGS, rained out Sat

Harder to get volunteers and many volunteer cancellations to deal with

Mark Kelly- U6

            U6 season went well!

Jaime Lesher- Uniforms

            Coaches uniforms for spring (Jaime keeping list to hand out)

            Order extra 20-30 uniforms for U8/U10R to cover late sign-ups

            Orders by Feb 2015 for Spring season

            MLS kits $75/kit (includes registration)- brought up by Mark L

Registration

            George to reserve Jan dates with school (at least 6 weeks in advance)

Treasurer- Christina Pehote

            Current balance of $13,232

            Recent expenses: Tournament reimbursements, uniforms, PUG goals,

                        spiritwear, medals, building rental, field rental

            Upcoming deposits: Yankee Candle fundraiser, Snack Stand profits

            LAGS- make sure Dave is billed for field use fee from high school

            Apply for 501C3 Nonprofit status

Rec League Rep- Lora Kauffman

            Lora to attend March 3rd meeting with Ken Bennetch

Field Coordinators

            Schedule field tear down: 10-20 volunteers for 2 hours

            Take inventory and order new nets/goals

            Mark nets as they are put away

Karl Stark

            Volunteered to organize Boys Rec Tournament

            Hold until know field availability for Spring         

Other

            Club pays $250 towards Tournament Fees for each team per season

            Future fields possibly available for long-term lease

                        CCC newly purchased 19 acres

                        10 acres plus lot ($250/acre) = private contact of Matt Williams


CYSC Meeting Minutes

Members present: Mark Laudenslager, Karl Stark, Mark Kelly, Lora Kauffman, Christina Pehote, Ken Bennetch, Matt Williams, Emily Sensenig, Jaime Lesher, Eric Metzger, Kendra Watson

Philadelphia Union

            Jason Freedman shared information about partnership opportunities

Mark Laudenslager

            Due to update bylaws

                        Kendra to email bylaws to board

            Schedule CYSC monthly meetings for next year

                        Look at cheaper sites- i.e. Vertex Building

                        Middle School cafeteria currently $75/night

            Email Select coaches to find out if all players/teams are returning for Spring

Kendra Watson- Secretary/Snack Stand

            Update website: Coaching Coordinator = Mark Laudenslager

Less profitable season -no U8 tournament, less teams at LAGS, rained out Sat

            Harder to get volunteers and many volunteer cancellations to deal with

Mark Kelly- U6

            U6 season went well!

Jaime Lesher- Uniforms

            Coaches uniforms for spring (Jaime keeping list to hand out)

            Order extra 20-30 uniforms for U8/U10R to cover late sign-ups

            Orders by Feb 2015 for Spring season

            MLS kits $75/kit (includes registration)- brought up by Mark L

Registration

            George to reserve Jan dates with school (at least 6 weeks in advance)

Treasurer- Christina Pehote

            Current balance of $13,232

            Recent expenses: Tournament reimbursements, uniforms, PUG goals,

                        spiritwear, medals, building rental, field rental

            Upcoming deposits: Yankee Candle fundraiser, Snack Stand profits

            LAGS- make sure Dave is billed for field use fee from high school

            Apply for 501C3 Nonprofit status

Rec League Rep- Lora Kauffman

            Lora to attend March 3rd meeting with Ken Bennetch

Field Coordinators

            Schedule field tear down: 10-20 volunteers for 2 hours

            Take inventory and order new nets/goals

            Mark nets as they are put away

Karl Stark

            Volunteered to organize Boys Rec Tournament

            Hold until know field availability for Spring         

Other

            Club pays $250 towards Tournament Fees for each team per season

            Future fields possibly available for long-term lease

                        CCC newly purchased 19 acres

                        10 acres plus lot ($250/acre) = private contact of Matt Williams

CYSC Meeting Minutes

Members present: Eric Metzger, Matt Williams, Christina Pehote, Lora Kauffman, Roger Weir, George Main, Karl Stark, Mark Laudenslager, Kendra Watson

Old Business

Eric Metzger's last official meeting, Mark Laudenslager officially steps into President position
George Main to update officers positions and contact info on CYSC website
We will host LAGS Sat/Sun Oct 25/26 secured with Dave but will most likely be only half the teams than usual
Waved registration fees for a family going through financial struggle


Treasurer
Beginning balance =
Ending balance =
Outstanding expenses = uniforms

Fundraiser
Yankee Candle fundraiser order forms placed in shed for coaches to pick up
Due Oct. 10th
Products will be delivered before Thanksgiving

Secretary
Be careful how many mass emails we send out

Newsletter may not be read if we combine mailings

Snack Stand
Electric tripping in snack stand
George to call Decker to check it out
Adjust food needs for LAGS due to half the teams
May hire students to fill empty volunteer spots on Sunday LAGS

Equipment
Wall in shed between CYSC equip and High School equip?
Items gone missing (recent Adidas bags)
Price $600-800
Cheaper alternative = organize, locked cabinets, build locked cages (talk to school)



 

CYSC Meeting Minutes

Members present: Eric Metzger, Matt Williams, Christina Pehote, Lora Kauffman, Roger Weir, George Main, Karl Stark, Mark Laudenslager, Kendra Watson

Old Business

Eric Metzger's last official meeting, Mark Laudenslager officially steps into President position
George Main to update officers positions and contact info on CYSC website
We will host LAGS Sat/Sun Oct 25/26 secured with Dave but will most likely be only half the teams than usual
Waved registration fees for a family going through financial struggle


Treasurer
Beginning balance =
Ending balance =
Outstanding expenses = uniforms

Fundraiser
Yankee Candle fundraiser order forms placed in shed for coaches to pick up
Due Oct. 10th
Products will be delivered before Thanksgiving

Secretary
Be careful how many mass emails we send out

Newsletter may not be read if we combine mailings

Snack Stand
Electric tripping in snack stand
George to call Decker to check it out
Adjust food needs for LAGS due to half the teams
May hire students to fill empty volunteer spots on Sunday LAGS

Equipment
Wall in shed between CYSC equip and High School equip?
Items gone missing (recent Adidas bags)
Price $600-800
Cheaper alternative = organize, locked cabinets, build locked cages (talk to school)



 

September 23, 2014

CYSC Meeting Minutes

Members present: Eric Metzger, Matt Williams, Christina Pehote, Lora Kauffman, Roger Weir, George Main, Karl Stark, Mark Laudenslager, Kendra Watson

Old Business

Eric Metzger's last official meeting, Mark Laudenslager officially steps into President position
George Main to update officers positions and contact info on CYSC website
We will host LAGS Sat/Sun Oct 25/26 secured with Dave but will most likely be only half the teams than usual
Waved registration fees for a family going through financial struggle


Treasurer
Beginning balance =
Ending balance =
Outstanding expenses = uniforms

Fundraiser
Yankee Candle fundraiser order forms placed in shed for coaches to pick up
Due Oct. 10th
Products will be delivered before Thanksgiving

Secretary
Be careful how many mass emails we send out
Newsletter may not be read if we combine mailings

Snack Stand
Electric tripping in snack stand
George to call Decker to check it out
Adjust food needs for LAGS due to half the teams
May hire students to fill empty volunteer spots on Sunday LAGS

Equipment
Wall in shed between CYSC equip and High School equip?
Items gone missing (recent Adidas bags)
Price $600-800
Cheaper alternative = organize, locked cabinets, build locked cages (talk to school)


August 26, 2014


CYSC Meeting Minutes

Members present:  Eric Metzger, Matt Williams, Ken Bennetch, Mark Kelly, Emily Sensenig, Eric Gervase, Jamie Lesher, Roger Weir, Jadon Rothenberger, Lora Kauffman, Deb Stauffer, Karl Stark, Christina Pehote, George Main, Matt Krimes, Deb & Jeff Leed, Janine Raps, Kendra Watson

New Field B

  • U8 and under sign on goal to prevent ruin of nets and balls hitting the shed
  • Ken Bennetch to email Glenn to order new signs for all fields, including new field B


Treasurer

  • August 2014

Opening balance:                $29,489.58

Closing balance:                   $30,424.17

  • Expenses to come in =uniforms, referee fees, PUG goals, line paint
  • New Treasurer = Christina Pehote


Secretary

  • CYSC Facebook page in addition to website for communication

Set up but do not post pics until Spring (need permission written up in next registration paperwork)

  • Website Coordinator?  Eric Gervase to contact Angela Muse as possibility
  • LAGS - Sat Oct 25 and Sun Oct 26

Eric to contact Dave to host

New LAGS jewelry policy – make coaches aware that bandaids/tape no longer allowed for use to cover new earrings and will be asked to be completely removed

Declared field 7 for all 8v8 games

Equipment Coordinator

  • Adamstown shed key missing = Jamie gave it to Baseball

Jamie to get the key to Mark Kelly for U6 practices

  • Possibility of construction dirt used for Adamstown fields to repair/level out and reseed

Roger to contact Kurt at the school for permission

  • Phase 1 of construction – Sept 8th on field 4 + 5
  • Next fall have access to lacrosse fields


U6

  • Practices scheduled at Adamstown fields
  • Games scheduled across from HS
  • New 4’ PUGG goals ordered


U8

  • 58 boys, 51 girls, 6 teams each


Uniforms

  • Still getting orders/emails – remind all coaches to check with parents
  • Many extra old style rec uniforms in shed

Sell extra Adidas shorts at snack stand $10/each


Referee Coordinator

  • Still needs field schedule to schedule refs
  • Updated ref fees

Voted to match suggested rate


Field Coordinator

  • Still need this position filled

Use service learners

Assign coaches to fields who can delegate parents

  • Designate practice time to start after 5:30pm due to safety issue

Too many cars leaving and coming around 5:30pm

If start before 5:30pm, then to park on HS side


Spirit Wear

  • Forms due on Sept 12
  • U8/U6 to get to parents ASAP
  • Return times for forms at snack stand

Tues Sept 9 = Jamie 6p-7p

Wed Sept 10 = Deb


Elections

       President = Mark Laudenslager TBD

       Vice President = Karl Stark TBD

       Secretary = Kendra Watson

       Registrar = George Main

       Treasurer = Christina Pehote

       Coaching Coordinator = Chad Ogden TBD

       Equipment Coordinator = Roger Weir

       Field Maintenance Coordinator = OPEN (Eric Metzger/Matt Williams/Emily Sensenig)

       League Rep = Lora Kauffman

       U8 Program Coordinator = Eric Gervase

       U6 Program Coordinator = Mark Kelly

       Volunteer Coordinator = OPEN

       Snack Stand Coordinator = Kendra Watson

       Fundraiser Coordinator = Lora Kauffman

       Picture Coordinator = Mark Kelly

       Referee Coordinator = Jadon Rothenberger

       Uniform Coordinator = Jamie Lesher

       Website Coordinator = Angela Muse TBD

March 25, 2014

CYSC Meeting Minutes

3/25/14

‚Äč

Attendance: Ken B., George M., Eric M., Mark L., Emily S., Amy Nedimyer, Kendra W., Deb S.

Field Maintenance:  (Individual teams will currently be responsible to maintain line on fields as follows:

                Field 5 – Metzger

                Field 4 – Shoeber

                Field 7- Bennetch

                Field A – Williams

                Field B – U8

                Field  C – U8

½ paint order in the shed – whole order is paid for.

Team Breakdown for Spring:

                Rec Teams

                Girls

                                U10- Amy&Matt

                                U12 – Shober & Hollinger

                                U15 – Boyd

                Boys

                                U10 – Karl Stark

                                U12 – Todd Shanks

                Travel Teams

                Girls

                                U9 – Lagos

                                U11 – Metzger

                                U19 – Hogan

                Boys     

                                U12 – Bennetch

Treasurer Report:

                Start: $20, 495.95

                Close: $21, 606.54

                Upcoming expenses: Ref fees and uniforms

                Coaches fees from last season are reimbursed.

Registration:  4/10 and 4/17 registration dates – in house

Try-outs will be held during  May17-30th

Select registration will close 5/10/14

LANCO – coaches should check out the website for good information

-they discussed the term “Refreee assault” –meaning,  if you touch the ref during a game for any reason other than getting his attention.

-Tues/Thurs F&M girls soccer coach (Bill Esterly) available to come and give advice to our teams.  George reaching out to him to get him here.

                -FB page –check it out for a contest about best action shot

Snack Stand:

opened first weekend in April.  Will be opened every Saturday, tournaments.  Trish D.  will be encouraging everyone to support the stand with purchases and volunteer work.

6 will be covering LAGS and Ephrata tourney

Kendra and Eric will be getting volunteers at the first practices.

Redners has a non-profit plan that we can get food at price.

Letting Costco membership expire because Trish has BJ’s plan.

Uniforms should be in next week in shed if they ordered them

 Eric will make sure all coaches have a CYSC shirt.

LBYSA  5/14 and 5/15 Night at Barnstormers – free tickets/vouchers  for coaches and players; can go on field before game, and events in between innings

Soccer Sounds; M-TH, two hours looking for at least 30-40 kids.  (5:00-7:00) (120 per player) if we add Friday AM (150 per player)  Probably stick with same as last year.  Might look at working w/ Ephrata club.  Last year CYSC paid ½ - agreed to do the same this year by unanimous vote.

Tournament fees; unanimous vote to pay $250 a team per season for each team.   Can be used for one, or spread out over several.  Select and Rec teams.  (this season would be a max of 8 teams)

George will check w/ SoccerStop to order patches for tournaments

February 25, 2014



 

CYSC Meeting Minutes

2/25/14

 

Attendance:  Mark L., Mark K., Matt W., Glenn M., Travis B., Brad S., Deb S.,  Jeff R., Jamie L., Ken B. , George M., Kendra W., Eric M., Eric G.

 

Matt

Shared the plans that the school has for the fields this summer.  Work would probably begin this summer.  Most likely it would eliminate our U8 fields. (Fields B&C)

  • Dr. Sensenig shared with Matt at a different meeting that we would be able to use whatever fields at the other schools we would need.,

  • Glenn will look into using Gehman’s Mennonite –

  • Matt suggested letting Lacrosse use the stand and fields on the weekend of their tournament.  (1st weekend of May)

  • We’ll need to keep looking around for places for U8 fields.

 

George: (Registration)

Grant EPYSA grant available – we would need to specify what we would need.  Grant is only available every other year. Grant application due 3/31/14 – for this spring. (grant is specifically for fields)

                LANCO teams must declare by 3/9/14.

 

 

LAGS – would like us to host U12 and U10.  Eric will check with the school to make sure it is free, otherwise we are in agreement to host the event.  (May31-June 1st, rain date 6/7-6/8)

 

Soccer Sounds – camp in August

                Last year 40 players, $80 each.

                Might need to find another venue – in field 7?  Eric will pursue.

 

Treasurer:

                Finishing reimbursements from last season. 

Two random withdraws – Eric thinks it was from an ATM, or someone walked in to make withdraw. $60, and$35 – Eric/Emily will have bank make changes so it doesn’t happen again.

$982.30- out (reimbursments)

$4, 995 – in (registration fees…)

Ending balance; $20, 170.33

 

Registrar:

                Current teams we have registered with LANCO:

U12 Boys Select

                U9, U11 Girls Select

 

LBYSAneeds declared by 3/1/14

                U10 boys, U12 boys

                (Still a handful of U13 boys – need to decide what to do with them)

 

LAGS  -Current teams we have registered:

U10 girls, U12 girls , U15 girls

Start date 3/30

 

 

Jeff R. – not hosting referee classes; suggested looking into other leagues

                We are good on refs for spring

 

Glenn M. – (fields)

                E-mailing quote from Denver Supply about paint (25-30 cases)

                George putting on webpage that we need a replacement for Glenn.

 

Eric G. – (U8)

                Light on boys registration (26 boys) – struggling with coaches

                Girls – 55

Mark  - (U6)

42 total (would like to cap it at 60 players)

 

Jamie – (Uniforms)

In fall we need to get new jerseys – current ones not available anymore.  U9 could get new uniforms, everyone else would use old ones.  (To start the transition)  Voted to let Jamie make the choice on the new uniforms, she’ll try to keep it to the same price and color.

 

Need to reach out to the new fundraising coordinator to see what she wants to do.

 

Web-page –

                Brad will check with his son regarding maintaining the page…George will try to set up peram

                So he doesn’t have access to addresses…

 

Field set up – 3/15, snow date 3/22

 

Mark L – (coaching coordinator)

                Working on how to set up clinics due to the construction this summer.